Windows 10 free upgrade

Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:01 am
Site Owner
1645 Posts
well today I did 2 computers that was at windows 7. The upgrade went fine and I think I like Windows 10.

It is kind of like an OS that is half way between Windows 7 and Windows 8, as a first impression

Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:12 am
Game Server Admin
294 Posts
I personally love Windows 10. Runs much smoother than 8 did to be honest.
Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:07 am
Game Server Admin
46 Posts
Upgraded yesterday, I had to restart for it to run smoothly.

However, I notice now whenever I turn my pc on or log in, it takes a little bit longer for everything to load, I just get a blank, black screen, then everything loads.

To be honest, it feels a lot like I'm using a mac now.
Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:16 pm
Colonel
92 Posts
Windows 10 might mess with your graphic settings so keep an eye out if u are a nvidia user. I can see a little bit more performance but just don't put a 3550 ati because it will seriously lag like a dead toaster

Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:10 pm
Game Server Admin
70 Posts
the update just feels like something innovative. Can get sometimes laggy but other than. I like it, more because I personally didn't like the windows that pop out when you log in your computer.

So true...or well not the only reason :v
Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:22 pm
Lieutenant
32 Posts
I always tell people to do clean install due to program incompatibles and such. If you can upgrade to Windows 10 clean install, then do so. You can't expect different OSes to transition into Windows 10.

Haven't tried Windows 10 myself, but will likely later on.

Might be different with Macs since new OSX 10 is just a patched up version of the previous. But I'd clean install to avoid program incompatibles.
Forums ©