L4d2

Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Game Server Admin
187 Posts
Do we have a L4D2 server? I know there is one on the website but that seems to be down most of the time. Alternatively, is there a server where other BBG's play? (Jenny?)

Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:40 am
General
111 Posts
We do have a L4D2 server, it's not running right now, but it does exist. We usually just play best available, or if you catch a game with squiggly and I we often play on a local server. We just didn't use the server enough to warrant it being up.
Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:03 am
Game Server Admin
187 Posts
Ok, local as in Canada? Would they mind if I connect from near Canada?

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:17 pm
General
111 Posts
No, local as in hosted on someone's computer, it's usually when we're all from Canada, but it's only when we're playing with Squiggly or Slaughter
Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:42 am
Game Server Admin
1555 Posts
Results may vary, but running a local server as a pub isn't as bad as it sounds.  A few years back, I ran a COD1 server on a lower end machine (550MHz proc, 320MB RAM).  It started out as a weekend only alternative server to BBG servers.  There was decent demand for it's use, so I started running it 24/7.  At first, I ran my game client on the same machine, but got better results running the server on it's own machine - I was even able to run a Ventrillo server on the same machine, with minimal lag for most clients.  It's kind of fun to set up, if you're into that sort of thing.  You get to configure all the options the way you want, choose the map rotation, etc.

[marq=left:6aec2717a6]BigBangGamers is the best gaming community ever.  Thanks BigBangTheory   :bow:  [/marq:6aec2717a6]
Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:43 pm
General
111 Posts
We just use a temporary local server, you don't control the map rotation in L4D2 and unless it's versus, there's no need to even consider all talk. We play a lot of custom maps, so there are times when the only dedicated server open has 200+ ping for all of us, and on top of that, we end up with huge lag-spikes. At that point we opt to use a local server. But the mods you can put on are pretty cool, there was one that I played on with a prop-mod and you could spawn 1. A table 2. A concrete wall 3-15 ERROR signs that crushed you. There are also Infinite-invisible tank mods (which are terrible), and ones where they try to kill you with random meteor showers mid-level...
Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:39 pm
Site Owner
1645 Posts
yes, I can launch it at any point in time, its fully up to date

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:55 pm
Game Server Admin
187 Posts
ok so we just need to contact you if we want it online? i guess thats more efficient. is there a way to reliably contact you not through steam?

Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:44 pm
Site Owner
1645 Posts
ill start having it online more

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:03 am
Private
7 Posts
At the moment im ensuring the server remains updated so if any of you wanted to play on it , just join the steam group and join through there Smile
It SHOULD be set to normal campaign , But we have people who change the game mode through lobby so if you ever need to change it use the lobby
Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:06 pm
Game Server Admin
70 Posts
lets make a l4d2 event? c: one of the few games we all don't visit a lot.
Just to keep the good old zombie killing spirit :p.
:banana1:

So true...or well not the only reason :v
Forums ©