<12 >

Oh thank heaven for 7, or not???

Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:55 am
Major
48 Posts
I am not fixing what is not broken, I had win 7 in its infancy, Ill give it a 10 for graphics, but it  wouldnt play nice with xp soft ware.  and some web sites didnt recognize it.    so I went back to xp pro.    Good luck " I mean it" to the rest of you.   Smile
Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:01 pm
Game Server Admin
1555 Posts
— THE_CHEESEMAN @ Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:07 pm
You have to run OSX in an "emulator" in order for it to run inside of Windows. Same goes for Windows on the Mac. There's some free stuff out there that'll do that for you.

Hmmm.  I thought that Windows for the Mac had been around for awhile.  It sounds like you are saying that if you want to run OSX on a PC, or run Windows on a Mac, you need an extra layer of software, (i.e. emulator) at boottime to do it.  That sounds like a recipe for a performance hit, which might be fine for most apps, but you wouldn't recommend it for MP FPS games would you?

[marq=left:6aec2717a6]BigBangGamers is the best gaming community ever.  Thanks BigBangTheory   :bow:  [/marq:6aec2717a6]
Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:45 pm
General
209 Posts
— BitterSweet @ Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:01 am
— THE_CHEESEMAN @ Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:07 pm
You have to run OSX in an "emulator" in order for it to run inside of Windows. Same goes for Windows on the Mac. There's some free stuff out there that'll do that for you.

Hmmm.  I thought that Windows for the Mac had been around for awhile.  It sounds like you are saying that if you want to run OSX on a PC, or run Windows on a Mac, you need an extra layer of software, (i.e. emulator) at boottime to do it.  That sounds like a recipe for a performance hit, which might be fine for most apps, but you wouldn't recommend it for MP FPS games would you?

Well you can dual-boot it on a Mac, but to run it under OSX you'd need an emulator. It's good though. The only problem is most Mac's are not the most powerful things in the world, if you were to get a 2.8Ghz Intel Core i7 Quad-Core, it would cost you a tidy $2199. But going the other way around, Mac on PC isn't that bad. You can still do a lot of the stuff that you need to and performance isn't much of an issue. And no, I would not recommend playing games in an emulator lol.

~Cheese

Xfire/Steam: thecheeseman999
<12 >
Forums ©