TF2 Rival is Here !!

Mon May 23, 2016 3:43 am
Game Server Admin
9 Posts
Been long time to see an actual rival for TF2, however the time has come and the new rival is here.

Its game called "Overwatch" by Blizzard Entertainment

Check the trailers out.

Cinematic Trailler

Trailer #1:

Trailer #2:

Animated Short #1

Add me on blizzard battlenet if you want to play with me Wink

Battlenet ID: TheONE#21641
Mon May 23, 2016 7:56 pm
Game Server Admin
120 Posts
While I enjoy this game, there have been many of ones beforehand, one dubbed "Loadout" as I believe. That were to rival our hat themed shooter. They all were flops, unlike this game however. I do hope it goes far, but for it to ever rival such a titan as TF2 isn't a matter of what's better. But tf2 seems to target a much more laidback audience. While overwatch seems route more towards playing the objective. Since this is blizzard were talking about this statement is magnified much more. As custom servers are likely to be sparse. Of course this doesn't mean one can target both or the other. Try all winstons and see where that gets ya Razz.
I'm looking forward to a fresh face into the class based fps genre. I hope overwatch succedes, and since playing the open beta, I think it has.

I don't think tf2 will fall so easily, not if they start caring at least. The minimalisc and, quite questionable patches rather recent are scaring away most people. While those hardcore tf2'ists will take a wound for their digital copies hat trading simulator. If valve runs this right we could see a future where two run by eachother. But if nothing "groovy" is made out, I wouldn't be surprised if we're left in the dust, since Blizzard is known to actually take care of their lineups.

Let's all welcome our rivals, sportsmanship is the best match we can achieve!

I am gonna bonk you!
Mon May 23, 2016 9:57 pm
Game Server Admin
156 Posts
— AssPancakes429 wrote
While I enjoy this game, there have been many of ones beforehand, one dubbed "Loadout" as I believe. That were to rival our hat themed shooter. They all were flops, unlike this game however. I do hope it goes far, but for it to ever rival such a titan as TF2 isn't a matter of what's better. But tf2 seems to target a much more laidback audience. While overwatch seems route more towards playing the objective. Since this is blizzard were talking about this statement is magnified much more. As custom servers are likely to be sparse. Of course this doesn't mean one can target both or the other. Try all winstons and see where that gets ya Razz.
I'm looking forward to a fresh face into the class based fps genre. I hope overwatch succedes, and since playing the open beta, I think it has.

I don't think tf2 will fall so easily, not if they start caring at least. The minimalisc and, quite questionable patches rather recent are scaring away most people. While those hardcore tf2'ists will take a wound for their digital copies hat trading simulator. If valve runs this right we could see a future where two run by eachother. But if nothing "groovy" is made out, I wouldn't be surprised if we're left in the dust, since Blizzard is known to actually take care of their lineups.

Let's all welcome our rivals, sportsmanship is the best match we can achieve!

The biggest danger i see is Valve's attempts at making tf2 competitive flop massively, and overwatch's competitive doesn't. Because unless valve starts massively cracking down and nerfing/buffing overpowered stuff, competitive is not going to go anywhere.

Seriously, they need to stop listening to pubs and listen more to experienced players when it comes to balance. Look at the phlog for the biggest example of this. They had buffed it to an actually usable level... then they nerfed it to a literal garbage level. because pubs complained.

Meanwhile, every pub that complained about the buffed phlog loved to run UP TO THE TAUNTING UBERED PYRO AND STAND NEAR HIM.
Forums ©