Zombie Fortress Perk limits

Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:52 am
Game Server Admin
156 Posts
A bunch of perks are soon going to be banned or at least limited. There will also be a cap of 2 of any perk for survivor, to encourage more use of other under used perks. The exception is cowardly, which has no limit.

Banned Perks:

Wise
Wise is straight up the most broken survivor perk. Demoknight or Pyro with power jack or pretty much any class manage to stack a few kills and you can become an unkillable monster, able to 1 shot ANY zombie, no matter what. This perk deserved and REALLY needed this ban.

Traitor:
This perk does nothing but troll teammates.Removing it would be a good idea as it has literally no purpose of existing.

Alpha:
A massive troll perk, better off gone.

Ninja:
The perk does nothing but encourage survivors to jump around doing nothing and being nearly unkillable on any semi-open area, unless zombies have a really good leap spy. Better off removed as outside of the jumping, Ninja has really nothing going for it.

Limiting to one:

Horrifying:
A super strong perk, overpowered if allowed more than 1 zombie to have it at once. Its practially a 'boss zombie' perk.

Vampiric: Same reasoning as Horrifying

Vindicative: Same reasoning as Horrifying.

Heroic:
A really strong survivor perk, gets rather weird if you got mutiple heroics at once as it both at the same time encourages them to get the others killed(for the crit bonus), but gives all of them a flat 25% boost to attack and defense. Heroic should be as its name implied, the hero of the group.

Semi-Limited:

Leap: Limit it to 3 or 4. Spy swarms are way too strong when combined with this. I would limit it to 2, but some maps are made with leap very much in mind to give zombies mutiple access points.

It would be a good idea to add the following perks to be disabled and limited.

sm_zf_perk_disable alpha
sm_zf_perk_disable ninja

sm_zf_perk_limit leaping 4
sm_zf_perk_limit horrifying 1
sm_zf_perk_limit vampiric 1
sm_zf_perk_limit vindictive 1
sm_zf_perk_limit heroic 1
Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:58 am
Game Server Admin
294 Posts
Done
Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:29 am
Game Server Admin
156 Posts
Heads up: I have discovered that the Bison also deserves a ban as a weapon. The secondary is impossible to steal with thieving, as it only works on primaries, so its the only reliable infinite ammo weapon. However, the reason its overpowered is that if combined with the friend perk or leader perk(to get 50% or more attack bonuses), it can hit targets mutiple time, leading to insane results.
Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:36 pm
Private
2 Posts
I must say I am quite disappointed in these choices. I started playing on this zombie fortress server not too long ago. (coming from another one) I loved your one because it felt like the original zf. No heavy nerfs on everything to appease the salty crowd. I even brought a few friends that loved the server but now it's more nerfed than the previous server we were on. It's a real shame to see the last original zf server going down the same dark path as the others.

Zombie Fortress is impossible to balance without taking the fun away. Let things be Overpowered to counter other overpowered things. Don't just nerf shit left and right and hope everything works out. Perk limits I can understand, it makes survivors choose other perks and give them a shot.

Please heed my warning: If you keep doing this the servers popularity surely will drop. This is coming from a 4 year zf veteran who has seen many servers come and go.
Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:02 pm
Game Server Admin
156 Posts
— SnowLeonardo wrote
I must say I am quite disappointed in these choices. I started playing on this zombie fortress server not too long ago. (coming from another one) I loved your one because it felt like the original zf. No heavy nerfs on everything to appease the salty crowd. I even brought a few friends that loved the server but now it's more nerfed than the previous server we were on. It's a real shame to see the last original zf server going down the same dark path as the others.

Zombie Fortress is impossible to balance without taking the fun away. Let things be Overpowered to counter other overpowered things. Don't just nerf shit left and right and hope everything works out. Perk limits I can understand, it makes survivors choose other perks and give them a shot.

Please heed my warning: If you keep doing this the servers popularity surely will drop. This is coming from a 4 year zf veteran who has seen many servers come and go.

No. We are not unbanning Ninja Or Wise. Those perks are just plain broken, and deserve to stay banned. Traitor is banned because it serves no purpose outside of trolling, and Alpha is banned since it has nothing at all special about it outside of summoning minions that you kill with the sole use of trolling people when they would otherwise get a kill.

If you actually WANT the horrid Wise and Ninja perks to be unbanned, give an argument how a perk that lets you become godlike with no counter except "Horrifying rush them with 4 people right away before you even know if they're using wise' is fine.

Or how about how a perk that encourages you to do nothing but jump around in a wide open area with no counter at all outside of the guy either screwing up or getting lucky with lunge about 6 times.
Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:16 pm
Private
2 Posts
After seeing how upset you get on the server today, I'm not surprised why you're pushing all of these changes.

My last question: Can I have some of your salt with my fries?
Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:35 pm
Site Owner
1645 Posts
— SnowLeonardo wrote
After seeing how upset you get on the server today, I'm not surprised why you're pushing all of these changes.

My last question: Can I have some of your salt with my fries?

SnowLeonardo, welcome to the forums, but may I suggest that if you have a difference in opinion, it would be more helpful to calmly explain why you feel something should be different.
I think it is fair to say that this community and it's servers are very reactive to  the requests of the regulars that use them.
But just saying I disagree or lightly attacking someone doesn't really help and 3rd party reader to take your side of  a particular issue.

make sense?

So discussing  why a perk should be enabled or disabled would be far more helpful and increase the chances of change towards your opinion.  Things like perks and such should be able to be discussed friendly, even if it is a total opposite of another opinion.
Remember the servers and community are for fun, and while you can never get a total agreement on how a server is configed, it should be able to be discussed calmly and without fear of attack.

Forums ©