Bosses AND maps to retire.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:13 am
Game Server Admin
294 Posts
Discussion thread to determine which bosses and maps on the current active roster should be retired. Once enough suggestions are made, a count will be made and the ones with the most counts will be retired and moved to FF2 dev's retirement charset.

Votes can also be made to determine which retired boss or map should be made active again.
Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:17 am
Captain
53 Posts
Rip future bosses to retire, never forget, ripperoni, Amigo senorita, #PrayforHales

Idk why but i wis Blitzkreig retired.....  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

====--- I WON AN ACADEMYAWARDS FOR BEING A PLAYER ON BIGBANGGAMING!
YOU ARE A PRETTY PERSON TO THIS COMMUNITY!---====
Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:24 pm
Major
41 Posts
How about a map? Crevice halloween and that updated crevice as well. We only need one crevice map on the server. All I see now a days is merpy spamming crevice nominations and just when you get one different map it goes right back it. Its getting really old really quick. We should try to nominate other things rather than cycling through 3 crevices and one other map.

Just try and sass my frass!
Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:08 am
Game Server Admin
120 Posts
We could retire Ash Williams until there's a fix for his rage. And another off the top of my head is Jeff the Killer. Not in a sense because he's bad. (his melee swing speed, double jump and insane damage is only because there was a typo in the config.) but I'm pretty sure people are way over this creepypasta nonsense. Now he's just kinda there..

I am gonna bonk you!
Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:42 pm
Game Server Admin
40 Posts
All I see now a days is merpy spamming crevice nominations and just when you get one different map it goes right back it.

There's an easy resolution to that. We can just make FF2 random-map oriented and leave it to the interior system to decide what map is next, rather than what other people decide. If there is a disliked map, people can rtv it, or they can get a popular vote and ask an admin altogether to change a map if one is online.
That, or we can make it where if a map is nominated & is chosen, for three map changes (not including rtv maps), it cannot be used again until the fourth map cycle. That's the only way I can see it.

As for bosses...
Blitzkreig - I'm just putting this out there, this boss either needs to be nerfed entirely or just removed. Glitches, overheat situations, server crashes, you name it. This boss is the cause of all of it. Either lower the fire rate on some of it's weapons, and less material use, or just outright remove it.

Teleport bosses - For a while, people have used this ability of the hale to a disadvantage. Some hales, instead of teleporting to their given target, somehow manage to teleport outside the map at times, and sometime into random places that aren't populated, or just often remote. And according to users, it's just a bad attachment.

If anything else pops up into my mind, or if something comes up, I'll speak about it here.
Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:19 am
Game Server Admin
156 Posts
Ill name a few off.

Ash williams:
Until we finally get a fix to his rage, we need to get rid of him, asap. His rage is so broken it literally renders him unplayable, since after you first use your rage you're forever stuck without a melee weapon, with only the rage's timed chainsaw as a damage source.

Robo-cop:
His model has been glitched for the longest time with a massive missing texture in the center of his chest. Frankly, its about time we got rid of him.

Epplejeck:
We already got applejack, and this hale is just applejack with reversed name and voice lines... as well as slightly different abilities. We don't need to have what accounts to as two of the same hale.

Meem Swarm:
Everytime these guys pop up, you hear nothing but complaints. People simply do not like the idea of trio bosses, and its hard not to blame them when there hasn't been a single good example of a good and balanced trio boss.

Zombie Swarm: Same issue as Meme swarm.

Coach Trio: Same issue as Meem swarm.

Blitzrieg: Everytime this hale pops up, there is STILL fps issues caused by the muti-colored rapid fire bouncing rockets. It sometimes gets so bad that your fps completely comes to a standstill. Plus, it seems that no one simply likes to fight him anymore, or rather, the majority doesn't. Add in the now random massive michael bay explosions, and you cannot even see properly when fighting him anymore. Just do SOMETHING to fix his flaws.

Bloodrider: While bloodrider doesnt cause fps drops as blitz, he suffers from massive hate from the playerbase. I have never seen bloodrider appear without some people complaining about him or even asking for me to slay whoever gets bloodrider instantly(Same applies to blitz. I've been getting an alarming amount of reports about it).

One of the crevice versions: We don't need 3 different variants of crevice on the server. It leads to people constantly voting for the same map over and over and over. It gets dull after a while. I would add magazine to this list, but people seem to be enjoying it way too much for being a garbage map... but whatever.

Green arrow: He seems to have something up with his LODS or texture's reaction to lighting or whatever, but he constantly has a missing texture 'overlay' over his model. It just looks REALLY bad, and it happens on every single map.
Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:52 pm
Private
1 Posts
Well well well look who desired to come around this side of town...

Lets just say i'm one of them kinda guys on my FF2, I have all 3 Crevices to lol.

As for Blitz I don't lag at all really, might be that weird 'Competitive' mode he has because I keep him on the Classic mode on my server.

Also Green Arrow's texture is Pink and Black to you guys? It's because there is a config error that someone needs to fix. It's not downloading his skin. I had to fix this to.

Bloodrider, everyone hates him? wow. He's one of the most fav bosses on mine haha.

Ass Pancakes, I did test him and then removed him, Shadow just put the old Pancakes on. The RavensBro one, that one works on KoG.

Epplejeck, WHY DOES THIS EXIST D:

My Servers:
Freak Fortress 2: 119.252.189.172:27035
DeathRun: 45.121.211.42:27500
WarioWare: 45.121.211.44:27500
Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:17 am
Private
5 Posts
Is there a way for me to see the current map?
Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:51 am
Game Server Admin
156 Posts
Sorry for really late reply lumose, but you can type currentmap to view current map
Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:27 am
Game Server Admin
68 Posts
Bosses off the top of my head would be :Alien because we know that's just a boss people use when they wanna win and act like they are the best at hale. At least nerf his speed and bleed damage, Gangplank is literally a under powered Blackbeard's Ghost, The first Wheatly isn't a good boss in any way, The Bombinomicon is too light even for a book, Most of not all the trio bosses are just insanely unfair in terms of fighting against them they're not fun and people tend to complain about it constantly and finally the human sentry buster, as a person who markets this isn't a fun boss for the person playing boss.  I get we need to edit the server but we are basically adding new pieces to a slowly breaking tower with the amount of nerfs you guys are giving bosses while ignoring the most OP bosses. Honestly i tried playing Slimer the other day and his rage is literally nothing. No stun, no shotty and apparently he doesn't do bleed anymore so y'know he's basically a unfinished boss now. But whatever, Koishi doesn't tend to listen to whatever I ask or say so i'm just venting. As for maps only some of the admin maps are a problem like funhouse but as long as no admin accesses them it should be fine.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:30 am
Game Server Admin
36 Posts
Literally every new boss

and no, the first wheatley actually requires skill to use which is rare in ff2 considering all the bosses are practically played for you... why dont we get more bosses that actually require skill instead of stupid bosses who instantly blow up when they have rage... like really? Can we just remove all bosses with rages that explode? Pretty sure absolutely no one likes hales with these rages and its really overpowered and just plainly not fun to fight.

Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:31 pm
Game Server Admin
294 Posts
— DoctorM wrote
Bosses off the top of my head would be :Alien because we know that's just a boss people use when they wanna win and act like they are the best at hale. At least nerf his speed and bleed damage, Gangplank is literally a under powered Blackbeard's Ghost, The first Wheatly isn't a good boss in any way, The Bombinomicon is too light even for a book, Most of not all the trio bosses are just insanely unfair in terms of fighting against them they're not fun and people tend to complain about it constantly and finally the human sentry buster, as a person who markets this isn't a fun boss for the person playing boss. I get we need to edit the server but we are basically adding new pieces to a slowly breaking tower with the amount of nerfs you guys are giving bosses while ignoring the most OP bosses. Honestly i tried playing Slimer the other day and his rage is literally nothing. No stun, no shotty and apparently he doesn't do bleed anymore so y'know he's basically a unfinished boss now. But whatever, Koishi doesn't tend to listen to whatever I ask or say so i'm just venting. As for maps only some of the admin maps are a problem like funhouse but as long as no admin accesses them it should be fine.

Ass Pancakes has been doing all the boss edits as of late (Except for Sonic & Tails). I've been doing some bugfixes on FF2's core, hoping to fix the infamous first round issues.
Forums ©