Can anyone see the servers of Bangs in cod?

Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:30 pm
Private
8 Posts
I cant find any of Bangs cod servers I have gone over my filters even uninstalled and reinstalled cod lol. Can some of the members please look for me and see if they are showing up on cod for them. Some help would be greatly appreciated! There is no way its my filters I know how to set them. Thanks

Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:28 am
General
159 Posts
Just to let you know, was just on CoD and could see the Awe, VooDoo, and Swat servers

Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:03 pm
Private
8 Posts
Hi Urded nice to see your still around! I dunno why I cant see the servers, I even reinstalled cod to make sure it wasn't my pc. I cant understand why I cant see them. I guess I wont be able to use them. Doomed to play M&M server I guess  Confused

Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:25 am
Site Owner
1645 Posts
I don't think the issue is at your end, and I don't think the issue is the server. I think the fault is with the activision servers.  One day I saw all the servers, the next day I didn't see any

Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:59 pm
Private
8 Posts
I still cant find the servers for cod 1.5 !!! Other peoples servers are showing and the jump server is showing. I give up !Done looking for them.

Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:08 pm
Site Owner
1645 Posts
— HighPingKing wrote
I still cant find the servers for cod 1.5 !!! Other peoples servers are showing and the jump server is showing. I give up !Done looking for them.

yeah sorry HPK, it is not at your end.  Not sure why this is going on.  The server these cod server are running on, I am going to drop at the end of the month.  Ill try to get something else going somewhere

Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:50 am
Lieutenant
32 Posts
Yeah it's the Master Servers acting up, not on BBT end. One day I reloaded CoD2 and seen half of the available servers then yesterday.

I doubt it has anything to do with the gamespy shutdown thing, since some server that are visible have gamepy enabled.

Old CoD games are ok for a few causal games, but I wouldn't go rent a server for them. Unless, you could get your money's worth. Renting a server to have four of your buddies play every few days might now be considered "getting your money's worth".

Could just go to gametracker's website find the servers, then manually input into command line. Might be a pain but how long do you guy think Actiivision really going to keep those servers up for? They didn't fix the CoD4 one, but people still play with the master server.
Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:31 pm
Site Owner
1645 Posts
I have confirmed the issue is with Activision.  Here is a quote from a major game server company NFO when I asked if they are having issues with new COD servers showing up

As for Call of Duty, we've seen many issues with the game servers not coming up on the master list initially. The master server is responding terribly slowly and has been for around 2.5 months now. It doesn't see that Activision is giving priority to fixing this.

Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:36 pm
Site Owner
1645 Posts
High Ping King,     maybe write / email Activision to see if any news via customer relations?   I frankly believe this is a sign that this game is 99% DEAD unfortunately.  I don't think Activision cares at all about this game and is not going to make any efforts to resolve it. It is after all about 15 years old now

Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:58 pm
Lieutenant
32 Posts
Activision has yet to fix dead CoD4 master server right? It's not advantageous to them for fix the messed up CoD/UO/CoD2 servers. No one is going for force them legally to do it, so guess what they don't do it.

Even EA games got away with not patching Crysis and Crysis 2 after gamespy shutdown. There way out was the game EULA which basically states you have a licences to use the game and don't own it.

Our only hope right now is that Call of Duty Origin of Honor (Remaster CoD + UO Game) comes out. Hopefully it's just not someone who just post a profile on Moddb and bails mid project. But then again that just band-aids the problem. The problem that players have moved to newer games, developer have moved on due to engines with better programming libraries (In layman's terms easier to write code with newer libraries or programming language version). 3D Modelers have moved on due to lack of possible programs to use to get models in-game. Either Blender 3d with cod-blender plugin or very old version of Maya.  Mappers have moved on to Source Engine or Unity or Unreal for a better experience and more control over their maps. UDK/UE3 gives people tons of control in their maps that CoD Radiants simply can't.

The only remain developers are people who run their own servers/guilds (clans). Or developers just using old CoD's as a stepping stone for something more advanced, i.e use it to learn C++ then move to Unreal Engine 4 ect.

Right now it's very risky for someone to form a guild in old CoD games. Unless they did it in CoD4 or CoD2 or CoDWAW they'd fail big time. A CoD or UO guild would be flushing money down the toilet. Guilds might get lucky and pull off a good division in CoD2 or CoDWAW due to lack of competition (most CoDWAW servers are empty or bot servers) Pretty bad when CoD4 is the best option of the old CoD's, it's master server is down.
Forums ©