Video from tournament

Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:58 am
Game Server Admin
1555 Posts
Here's a pretty good video from a tournament this past summer.  The actual tourny starts just under 12 minutes in, with some commentary and warm up rounds before that.

It seems like more of the same with better graphics, but there are some new grenade types. One is the decoy, which you won't really notice unless you watch the message area.  Another is the Molotov cocktail, which seems like it could be very effective.  It's used several times in the video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogcBfHjzsIU[/youtube]

Something that's not in the video, something I read, was the addition of an additional game type.  In addition to bomb and hostage scenarios, a 3rd game type based on the popular gungame mod will be incorporated into the game.

[marq=left:6aec2717a6]BigBangGamers is the best gaming community ever.  Thanks BigBangTheory   :bow:  [/marq:6aec2717a6]
Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:54 pm
General
360 Posts
Looks great, can't wait until it comes out.

Drop Dead!
Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:49 am
General
302 Posts
Looks interesting, like what they have done to Dust 2. One of the commentators makes you think that cs 1.6 been out since 1999, which is a misstatement. CS was in beta then and was a mod to Half-Life. CS 1.0 wasn't out until 2000 and 1.6 was released in 2004. It wasn't until CS 1.3 did Valve basically take over the game/mod and release it as a stand alone game.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:00 am
Game Server Admin
1555 Posts
— Blondie @ Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:49 pm
Looks interesting, like what they have done to Dust 2. One of the commentators makes you think that cs 1.6 been out since 1999, which is a misstatement. CS was in beta then and was a mod to Half-Life. CS 1.0 wasn't out until 2000 and 1.6 was released in 2004. It wasn't until CS 1.3 did Valve basically take over the game/mod and release it as a stand alone game.

Both commentators are obviously youngsters.  They never mentioned that CS was an  HL mod, which it is, you are correct, but if they were still wearing diapers, can we hold them accountable?.  Then again, most don't.  People are still palying 1.6 today.  I'd guess that it's mostly outside the U.S., but who really knows.

Anyhow, there's a huge rumor going around that Blondie will be re-instsalling CS:S soon.  We all look forward to that day:)

[marq=left:6aec2717a6]BigBangGamers is the best gaming community ever.  Thanks BigBangTheory   :bow:  [/marq:6aec2717a6]
Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:53 am
General
302 Posts
CS  1.6 is still popular here in the Western Hemisphere. What I am got from the video from the commentators is that they are trying to combine the players from 1.6 and Source together. But who knows, they don't even know the history of CS.  

Don't believe everything you read or hear. I will be back, but not anytime soon.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:31 am
General
341 Posts
I'm looking forward to CS:GO because of the cross console feature with PS3 and PC. I don't have a desktop right now, and i doubt that's going to change anytime soon. And just the fact that someone is doing it is AWESOME! I loved the feature with Portal 2, I'm glad they are caring it over. They are also not sticking to normal button mapping because its fully customize-able which is ground breaking.

One big change from CS:S that is awesome is that dead people can take over the bots. Which is a fantastic idea i think.

If you want to watch gameplay/commentary about CS:GO check out aplfisher on youtube.

Forums ©