Search for at
BigBangGamers.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
New BBG Forums - PLEASE READ!!! General Discussions for the Gaming Community SHADoWNiNETR3S 0 Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:27 pm
SHADoWNiNETR3S View latest post
New BBG Discord Server General Discussions for the Gaming Community TheONE 3 Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:35 pm
BigBangTheory View latest post
Meet the Big Bang Gamers Off Topic gara_girl 1 Mon May 20, 2019 3:06 am
gara_girl View latest post
BBG Minecraft Other Games Bonko 3 Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:33 pm
BigBangTheory View latest post
Traded with supposedly Big Bang(not confirmed)gone wrong :/ Help Needed joe1 11 Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:57 pm
ScorchingVenom View latest post
Hybrid Drives (SSD meets HDD) Hardware Review Omega 1 Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:03 pm
techinfinite View latest post

ban appeal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    BigBangGamers.com Forum Index -> Player Reports -> Appeals
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmcc
Private
Private

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:25 pm Post subject: No icon ban appeal Reply with quote

STEAM INFORMATION:

| steamname: F T W
| steam3ID: [U:1:37669391]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:1:18834695
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197997935119
| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ftwknx2
| steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197997935119

Alternate account

| steamname: dmC.
| steam3ID: [U:1:91667706]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:45833853
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198051933434
| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ftwknx
| steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198051933434

I have to admit I've tried to impersonate "Big Bang Theory". But I also have to mention I changed my mind and never tried to scam anyone on the account I made and also tried to take the "good way" to make money - as you can see on my main account (dmC.) I bought a lot of Phoenix cases which I want to sell next year for a better price.

I guess you can check if I scammed anyone so you can convince yourself I didn't. People may have reported me for impersonating because they've seen me in the steam group of the middle-man, but I have never been reported for scamming since I never tried to scam anyone (even if, as I said, that was the idea at first). I also set my profile on private so I could change it when I have time, but until then nobody would see the similar description and so on, only the avatar. In conclusion, my idea was to scam people using the middle-man's identity, but I changed my mind in time.

I didn't know I have been banned since today when I tried to log in on csgolounge and I couldn't.

Thank you for understanding,
   Michael.?

PS: I also tried to appeal on steamrep forums and they sent me here.
BigBangTheory
Site Owner
Site Owner

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:
Visit member's Steam Profile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:39 pm Post subject: No icon Re: ban appeal Reply with quote

Scamming, or attempting to scam, is a zero tolerance permanent violation.

I think if anyone looks at your alias list, they would have a hard time believing what you have posted.
Quote:
I have to admit I've tried to impersonate "Big Bang Theory". But I also have to mention I changed my mind and never tried to scam anyone

You have 3 examples of my name in your alias list. This means on 3 different occasions you have changed your name to try to impersonate me. It is only a logical deduction that you did this to attempt to scam. But if your OP was accurate and truthful, your alias list would only have 1 instance of my name.
It is for the above posted reasons why I have a hard time believing
Quote:
In conclusion, my idea was to scam people using the middle-man's identity, but I changed my mind in time.

You will still be able to use the community market, but I find no valid reason to lift this ban.

edited:  It was brought to my attention that the 3 name changes were within a couple of minutes of each other, which weakens my point a little I suppose. Let me think about this and continue talking to SR / Community admins.
I am thinking that even if your OP is 100% true, I have to believe at the moment that you are mainly regretting the consequences of the ban (ie: lack of access to various sites) than appreciating the seriousness of impersonating a Community Admin / MM mentioned at Steamrep's site.  Had you tried to impersonate a Valve employee, you probably would not have your accounts any more.
Let me investigate this a bit more.   I am still feeling the correct thing to do is to deny the appeal, but I will admit my point is not as strong if all 3 names were within a couple of minutes. Let me have a little more time to think about this and continue to research this.
Perhaps this should be adjusted to a warning. Jury is still out.

Last edited by BigBangTheory on Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dmcc
Private
Private

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:59 pm Post subject: No icon Re: ban appeal Reply with quote

Yes, I changed my name a lot of times (not only 3) so the aliases I used before wouldn't be visible.

I didn't lie about anything and have no reason to do so - the ban doesn't affect me too much since I'm not trading anything and I'm pretty sure I won't do it soon, so yes, lack of access to various sites brought me here (I heard you appreciate honesty and I'm not going to lie). I am also a semi-pro CS GO player and the ban is bad for my reputation. I appreciate the seriousness of impersonating a community admin, but as I said, I never scammed anyone, even if I had this in my mind. I basically just had your avatar, name and description. Same thing happens to let's say pro players fans from CS GO. They just copy the name of the guy they like the most and play with it Smile

Last edited by dmcc on Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
BigBangTheory
Site Owner
Site Owner

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:04 pm Post subject: No icon Re: ban appeal Reply with quote

yes you are right, had you been caught in a lie would be a kiss of death to your case. So far, I do not see reports of scams or scam attempts like you said.  

Jury still out on this and we are talking about it at SteamRep.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dmcc
Private
Private

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:05 pm Post subject: No icon Re: ban appeal Reply with quote

Thanks, I'm waiting for your answer.
BigBangTheory
Site Owner
Site Owner

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:46 pm Post subject: Bad ! Re: ban appeal Reply with quote

It is my belief that this appeal should remain open / under review.

You may bump this appeal in 45 days, this will give some time to be sure no reports surface and hopefully a lesson gets more deeply absorbed.

Sponsor
dmcc
Private
Private

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:52 pm Post subject: No icon Re: ban appeal Reply with quote

Hey. Am I good now?
ScorchingVenom
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:55 am Post subject: No icon Re: ban appeal Reply with quote

From what I've seen lately and what OP (BBT) has been stating, I will inflict my own opinions regarding this appeal

As he said, if you are correct on what you've been saying and that you've made no transactions or any attempts to do anything mischievous in any way, shape, or form, it still does not disregard that you did, in fact, impersonate a Middleman, which is an actions that can result to a mark upon signification.
Also said, "Scamming, or attempting to scam, is a zero tolerance permanent violation."
A violation can be easily duped and misguided, disappointingly. Hence why our Community Admins / SteamRep admins are closely monitoring and deciding on this report.
I will also remind that due to the infliction and no confidence regarding specific details in this, it would take a longer amount of time to decide.

You did admit to attempting to scam, and you blatantly did attempt to try and scam someone. "Changing your mind" does not change the innocence of your appearance. If that were to be the case, however, it would be like saying "Oh, I was about to murder him", but then all of the sudden "Wait, no I didn't!" This is in a profound sense.

Understanding that you learned consequences of your actions, it still confuses me why you would impersonate someone without a valid reason to, even after acknowledging that he had a positive reputation. Were you doing it for fun? For bets? What are you trying to convey here?
Nor' do I understand why you would even want to appeal, considering that you've spent no time on the account that you are mainly trying to appeal on rather than your "alternative" which has more hours. I personally don't see the point in doing that.

I may be wrong in some of these topics, but this disturbs me in a matter of which we're about to admit a man that could possibly do the same crime in the next few hours or seconds. It's happened. And I don't want it to happen another time, and you should understand this.
dmcc
Private
Private

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:28 pm Post subject: No icon Re: ban appeal Reply with quote

ScorchingVenom wrote (View Post):
From what I've seen lately and what OP (BBT) has been stating, I will inflict my own opinions regarding this appeal

As he said, if you are correct on what you've been saying and that you've made no transactions or any attempts to do anything mischievous in any way, shape, or form, it still does not disregard that you did, in fact, impersonate a Middleman, which is an actions that can result to a mark upon signification.
Also said, "Scamming, or attempting to scam, is a zero tolerance permanent violation."
A violation can be easily duped and misguided, disappointingly. Hence why our Community Admins / SteamRep admins are closely monitoring and deciding on this report.
I will also remind that due to the infliction and no confidence regarding specific details in this, it would take a longer amount of time to decide.

You did admit to attempting to scam, and you blatantly did attempt to try and scam someone. "Changing your mind" does not change the innocence of your appearance. If that were to be the case, however, it would be like saying "Oh, I was about to murder him", but then all of the sudden "Wait, no I didn't!" This is in a profound sense.

Understanding that you learned consequences of your actions, it still confuses me why you would impersonate someone without a valid reason to, even after acknowledging that he had a positive reputation. Were you doing it for fun? For bets? What are you trying to convey here?
Nor' do I understand why you would even want to appeal, considering that you've spent no time on the account that you are mainly trying to appeal on rather than your "alternative" which has more hours. I personally don't see the point in doing that.

I may be wrong in some of these topics, but this disturbs me in a matter of which we're about to admit a man that could possibly do the same crime in the next few hours or seconds. It's happened. And I don't want it to happen another time, and you should understand this.

I did not try to scam anyone.
I feel like I discussed enough with @BigBangTheory (more than you can see), and any other opinions aren't really needed.
Also I won't do the same mistake twice. It's your choice if you trust my word or not. All my explanations are on this thread, so I guess you didn't read all my posts since you're asking questions I've already answered to..
Sponsor
BigBangTheory
Site Owner
Site Owner

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:23 am Post subject: No icon Re: ban appeal Reply with quote

dmcc wrote (View Post):
Hey. Am I good now?

thanks for waiting patiently. I will talk to the guys at steamrep.

dmcc
Private
Private

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:59 am Post subject: No icon Re: ban appeal Reply with quote

Alright, I'm waiting!
BigBangTheory
Site Owner
Site Owner

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:08 pm Post subject: No icon Re: ban appeal Reply with quote

I bumped the post.  I suspect sometime will happen soon. SR staff is currently reviewing this

Sponsor
ScorchingVenom
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:01 pm Post subject: No icon Re: ban appeal Reply with quote

Your ban has been lowered to a Caution.
However, we do request that you do not attempt things like this again.

If you would like more information, please contact one of our Administrators.
Thank you for appealing.
dmcc
Private
Private

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:02 pm Post subject: No icon Re: ban appeal Reply with quote

Alright, thanks.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view BigBangGamers.com Forum Index -> Player Reports ->  Appeals Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: