Search for at
BigBangGamers.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
New BBG Forums - PLEASE READ!!! General Discussions for the Gaming Community SHADoWNiNETR3S 0 Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:27 pm
SHADoWNiNETR3S View latest post
New BBG Discord Server General Discussions for the Gaming Community TheONE 3 Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:35 pm
BigBangTheory View latest post
Meet the Big Bang Gamers Off Topic gara_girl 1 Mon May 20, 2019 3:06 am
gara_girl View latest post
BBG Minecraft Other Games Bonko 3 Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:33 pm
BigBangTheory View latest post
Traded with supposedly Big Bang(not confirmed)gone wrong :/ Help Needed joe1 11 Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:57 pm
ScorchingVenom View latest post
Hybrid Drives (SSD meets HDD) Hardware Review Omega 1 Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:03 pm
techinfinite View latest post

MvM Bugs Custom - Post your Issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    BigBangGamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlanCrash
Game Server Admin

mexico.gif

STEAM PROFILE:
Visit member's Steam Profile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:26 am Post subject: No icon Re: MvM Bugs Custom - Post your Issues Reply with quote

Alright, as the time I'm writing this is 1:00 a.m here and since I have school, I only got to test from mvm_killing_fortress to mvm_mc_overdrive_ep4, which I didn't test completely, so here are so far the problems i found on the maps.

mvm_killing_fortress is broken, you lose automatically within few seconds, maybe a bug.

All the mvm_l6f_deadfortress episodes, which are labeled with _a, _b, _c, _d and _e, are extremely hard(in my opinion),and the doors that you gotta wait to open take alot of time, even up to 3 minutes, EACH, since every map has like at least 4 doors to open.

mvm_mc_overdrive_ep1 doesn't have textures(At least I don't), it takes a long time to finish a section/map,  and its hard to complete sometimes

mvm_mc_overdrive_ep2 has the same reasons as ep1, difference here is, it crashes the server just to change the next episode.

mvm_mc_overdrive_ep3 has the same reasons as ep2, though in my case instead of crashing to change ep4, it change to killing_fortress.

mvm_mc_overdrive_ep4 so far I notice it has missing textures, again in my case, this map alongside the others left need to be tested.

That's all I notice for now, hope this can help.

So true...or well not the only reason :v
techinfinite
Colonel
Colonel

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:11 am Post subject: No icon Re: MvM Bugs Custom - Post your Issues Reply with quote

alright ill look into them and we can get a new vrsion up soon

Keen
Game Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:47 am Post subject: No icon Re: MvM Bugs Custom - Post your Issues Reply with quote

Case and point.

As Alan has said, the MC Overdrive maps are broken and unplayable. I believe they need to be removed until they are fixed. Ass Pancakes, AlanCrash and I tested each of the overdrive maps and were greeted with this:

Asspancakes and I tested the Killing Fortress Episode 1 map and it needs to be removed. Bots will spawn, and attack you but when you try to attack them they turn uber, so its impossible, as seen here:

Other maps that Asspancakes and I tested and found serious bugs with include:

Hillside - Crashes server, reverts to killing fortress. We were both stuck on 'Changing the map' but were booted and map switched to Killing Fortress.

Fakeout A3 - NOTHING HAPPENS AT ALL. Start at wave 0, no cash, and no bots spawn at ready up.

Machine attacks ep 3 - if everyone dies, map restarts. Exteremly difficult, if all team mates die at once the wave is lost and you restart the map.

Machine Attacks ep 2 - According to Tech the map breaks if you spawncamp the robots, which is a tactic a lot of people use.

Machine attacks ep 14av2 - no health or ammo, endless. This map is pointless. There is no health or ammo anywhere on the map, the bots spawn everywhere, and very over powered and endless.
Sponsor
SHADoWNiNETR3S
Game Server Admin

blank.png

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:52 pm Post subject: No icon Re: MvM Bugs Custom - Post your Issues Reply with quote

The mapmaker of machineattacks didn't know what he was doing, so it will take a while to correct all of the map's bugs.

In the meantime, do expect to see some workshop maps in the mix too.

If anyone can suggest some good, WORKING, TESTED maps, feel free to do so.

Keen
Game Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:14 pm Post subject: No icon Re: MvM Bugs Custom - Post your Issues Reply with quote

Thanks Koishi!
SHADoWNiNETR3S
Game Server Admin

blank.png

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:09 pm Post subject: No icon Re: MvM Bugs Custom - Post your Issues Reply with quote

I can't believe i'm saying this, but the MachineAttacks maps should be less broken now, using VoiDeD's mapfixes for now until a full fix is deployed.

The overdrive maps have been removed, as well as killing fortress, hillside and fakeout.

Hidden: 
also, to a certain individual, stop acting like a backseat moderator

Most of these campaign maps were designed for a 10MvM scenario, than a typical 6MvM.

Sponsor
techinfinite
Colonel
Colonel

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:13 pm Post subject: No icon Re: MvM Bugs Custom - Post your Issues Reply with quote

It's help out the server shadow so you know what to fix and such plus I'm tired of saying stuff and over again

AlanCrash
Game Server Admin

mexico.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:41 pm Post subject: No icon Re: MvM Bugs Custom - Post your Issues Reply with quote

techinfinite wrote (View Post):
It's help out the server shadow so you know what to fix and such plus I'm tired of saying stuff and over again

This forum is to clear issues of the maps on custom mvm. Here is all we need to know what to fix,  Those mvm machine attack episodes NEED to be remove if they are broken, so players wont play broken maps, and instead play maps that are playable

So true...or well not the only reason :v
BigBangTheory
Site Owner
Site Owner

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:44 pm Post subject: No icon Re: MvM Bugs Custom - Post your Issues Reply with quote

ok guys..   I have not had time to stay focused on this server.  And understand trying stuff here can easily be buggy.

Here is the current map list / cycle

Code:

mvm_wharf_s12
mvm_crash_landing
mvm_hangtown_v1_3
mvm_isolation_b6
mvm_atomgrad_a6a
mvm_destruct_b1
mvm_maelstrom_rc1
mvm_plateau_b5
mvm_sludge_b4_fix1
mvm_ventus_b6
mvm_2fort_b1_3
mvm_manncohq_v3
mvm_manndarin_final
mvm_hydro_a3
mvm_limburgh_final
mvm_overlord_b3
mvm_saddle_s14
mvm_sandstone_s23
mvm_troopers_defend
mvm_warehouse_v1
mvm_badwater_final
mvm_degrootkeep_b1
mvm_desert_fort
mvm_diverge_b4
mvm_gateway_rc2
mvm_hillside_v3
mvm_maelstrom_rc3
mvm_oilrig_rc3
mvm_open_final_industry
mvm_open_final_swamp
mvm_processingv1
mvm_skullcove_rc1
mvm_30wave_of_the_dead_beta
mvm_beartrap_a2

this is 34 maps and I don't think any of these maps have been mentioned as problematic (so far)

lets see how these play and weed out the bad ones and ID the good ones.

@tech, when time allows, I will sync with you on new versions you have collected.  I know there are a fair number we have not been able to get to yet. Next live sudo admin meeting we can sync with the status of the series MvM maps you have been focusing on and get on same page ( I know there is still a lot submitted that have not been tested yet)

Post below for:

- What to be added to map list / cycle (new maps not on list)
- Kudos posts to good maps (to identify good maps)
- ID bad / broken maps (to identify bad maps)

and other issues regarding this experimental server

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sponsor
BigBangTheory
Site Owner
Site Owner

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:49 pm Post subject: No icon Re: MvM Bugs Custom - Post your Issues Reply with quote

techinfinite wrote (View Post):

guys, to Tech's defense, his hands have been a bit tied as I have not had time to deal with submitted maps. He has done a lot of work collecting stuff on this that I have not been able to get to. So the timeliness of dealing with some of the maps is not his fault and I have about 20 or so maps Tech has in drop box I have not been able to get to yet.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SHADoWNiNETR3S
Game Server Admin

blank.png

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:08 am Post subject: No icon Re: MvM Bugs Custom - Post your Issues Reply with quote

The MachineAttacks maps will be back soon, as they require a critical fix due to the original mapmaker not knowing what he was doing.

Personally, I love the maps, but I will need to fix the maps one-by-one and it will take time.

The primary issue is to fix the map linking not working correctly, another is to fix two maps being completely unplayable, and one that hard crashes the server. In addition to fixing the typos.

There's one that's supposed to spawn grapple hooks, but they don't actually spawn correctly, one that also spawns spell books, same issue.

techinfinite
Colonel
Colonel

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:04 am Post subject: No icon Re: MvM Bugs Custom - Post your Issues Reply with quote

why were at it we need to remove episode 10 and 10b because those maps are broken till we fix those

Sponsor
AssPancakes429
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:07 am Post subject: No icon Re: MvM Bugs Custom - Post your Issues Reply with quote

Maelstorm_rc3 seems to be in un-working order. As in it starts at wave 0, which spawns no money, nor bots.

This is not to be confused with Maelstorm_rc1.. which is in working order.

I am gonna bonk you!
techinfinite
Colonel
Colonel

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:14 pm Post subject: No icon Re: MvM Bugs Custom - Post your Issues Reply with quote

That is very strange indeed

Keen
Game Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:11 am Post subject: No icon Re: MvM Bugs Custom - Post your Issues Reply with quote

Maps that need to be removed until fixed:

Isolation B6
Beartrap a2

Beartrap only has support bots so you win the game when the round starts because there are no bots to spawn.
Isolation starts at wave 0, no money, and no bots upon start up.
Sponsor
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view BigBangGamers.com Forum Index ->  Team Fortress 2 Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: